View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 04:21 AM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Angry Please Eject And Re-Insert The CD-ROM . . .???

Trying to get Delta Force Task Force Dagger running on my other computer. But every time I try to run it I get a message box with the title -

"Cannot locate the CD-ROM"

with the following text within the message box -

"Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" !!??

I ejected DFTFD installation disk and then reinserted the disk and closed the optical drive, clicked OK and restarted DFTFD, but once again the message above appears and nothing else happens.

DFTFD was installed from a particular CD/DVD writer and the installation disk was not removed from the installation CD/DVD writer drive. That is the installation drive is the same as the drive for starting and running DFTFD.

Now in my first computer, it is running Windows XP SP3 32 bit exclusively. DFTFD has already been installed on that computer, and DFTFD seems to start and run fine (with DFTFD installation disk inserted into an optical drive)!

My other computer (where I'm having problems running DFTFD) is multi-booting with Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7 32 bit, and Windows XP SP3 32 bit.

Tried running DFTFD under Windows 7 32 bit, but I get the above message about having to reload the disk, and nothing else happens. Then tried running DFTFD under Windows XP SP3 and STILL I'm getting the reload disk message!??

What is going on here? I thought that if DFTFD runs OK on my first computer (with XP SP3), then surely it would run under XP SP3 on my other (multi-booting) computer!?

Any ideas what is causing this issue and how can it be resolved, please?

Thanks.

Last edited by meeshu; 05-17-2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Details added