View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Biggrin

YEAH! Got mine working! Somehow between Tech Support and me, when we reinstalled everything, my assigned IP address for this PC, got the last two digits changed. That is the forwarding address that has to be assigned to the router ports you open to host and play the game. You can check your PC's assigned IP address by going to: CONTROL PANEL; Network Connections; right click on the Local Area Connections that is connected; then click on STATUS. If yours is manually configured, it will be the IP address under the words Manually Configured. Then you can go back to your Router Setup program where you opened the ports and see if it has the same IP address typed there.

Yes, I also discovered that I had 3 different Firewalls to disable. One that I installed: ETrust EZ Firewall; the Windows Firewall that Service Pack 2 enabled; and the Firewall in the Router itself. I have heard that some software products have their own built in Firewalls, so you do not want any programs running in the background while you are trying to host.

Really glad to be up and hosting again. Colored_FOG, will be up and running at 8:30 PM Pacific time tonight! CYA there.

Last edited by DC_Scout_67; 09-01-2005 at 12:19 PM.