View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 AM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

eek If DF or DFBHD was remade with modern graphics and a with a map editor, how would it sell today?

These games still have a cult following, but I'm wondering if they'd still be big hit today if they had a graphical overhaul. I think the core gameplay needs to remain the same to be a DF game, but there need to be a few tweaks:
  • Keep the arcadey gunplay: almost no recoil (except on LMGs), perfect accuracy on all guns when running and shooting, adjusting for elevation on sniper shots, etc.
  • Make it an option in the map editor for players to be able to spawn on squad mate (like in Battlefield).
  • Serverside option for a sprint button - but running with a knife is still the fastest option (like how Rainbow 6 Siege makes you run fastest with a pistol out)
  • No driveable vehicles - keep these to the Joint Operations series. Any map that has vehicles is not designed with DF's infantry-centric gameplay in mind.

I think if there were cosmetic-only items like in Siege, a map editor would be a great decision.

What are you all's thoughts? How would you remake the DF series?