View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Get this...

Renaming the maps DOES cause the choppers not to fly.
Remember in the demo, when we had maps that had to be packed? Remember occasionally we would see a .WAC file?

Well that is the boolean logic file associated with the chopper's flight! It must have the same name as the map...like the .TIL. This means in the localres.PFF, there are 3 files that correspond to each map (granted that all use tiles), for example: TDMK_01a.BMS, TDMK_01a.TIL, and TDMK_01a.WAC.

Normally, when hosting a custom map server, we delete the .bms files from the .PFF, and leave it at that. Which means that the .TIL's, and .WAC's are still in there. SO...when you drop the stock named BMS's into the BHD directory, it all works like it should. This is because the .TIL's & .WAC's have the same name as the map at this point, but if you rename them, then you loose the association to those other 2 file types!

What I found, is that going back in and reverting the map names back to the stock names would fix EVERYTHING. The choppers flew, the streets showed back up, the whole deal.

Here is where it gets weird:

I went in and extracted the .TIL's, and .WAC's from the localres.PFF, and renamed them to match the map names. Funny thing is that the tiles showed up, so the streets looked right, but the choppers still didnt fly...even after renaming the .WAC to match the map name. You can open the .WAC with notepad, and see that its function is soley for the flight of the choppers.

Anyone have an idea how I can keep the names readable in the map mgr, yet keep the association with the .WAC's valid?

I am truly baffled.......