View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 02:23 AM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
i agree with keeping the place tidy etc.. recycling is also good.. you can do that all day and helkp save resources etc.. then jump on a plane, fill the air with more gases than any smoker could do, damage more of the ozone layer without even a thought of it.. ..

having said that .. this palarva on global warming ... we've (in earths years) not long come out of an ice age and since then the temp of the world has only risen half a degree... nothing to be that concerned with really ..

wind power, water power..solar power... no matter what we still need nuclear power to keep up with demands for electricity etc...

"plant trees" .. lol... i live in a city by choice.. if i wanted to live in the country id do so... my jungle is made of concrete .. im happy with that.. you have a garden, plant trees, grow grass.. use a mower no doubt to cut it.. no grass no mower needed, less fuel used,

swings and roundabouts folks.. whatever you do to "help" enviromentally .. more often than not you negate in one way or another...

rainforests are cut down at an alarming rate.. how many people check where the wood for their furniture comes from? i certainly dont.. i see what i like and buy it.. no thought of where its materials come from..

farming.. who actually buys more "organic" food than normal stuff which is priced less?

the world is now going mad... years ago we ate stuff days after buying it.. no sell by dates on things.. now you cant buy anything without a date on it.. how many had "bread and dripping" .. unthinkable now to "make your own" .. yet we did well on it.. health and safety would go spare nowadays if you left your home made stuff sat around and "added" to it ... yesterdays paper claims Salt is now bad for you and can cause ulcers ...

beer was bad for you but now apparently its not and has "healing powers" if not abused...

sadly we are in an era now with too many "do gooders" and a fad for "BAN THIS" and "BAN THAT" ... and mostly it affects "Mr Average" ... if it affected anyone above that im sure things would change

how many actually "share" their trips to work etc...?

not many round near me.. i see loads (me too) sat in their cars alone in a morning off to their jobs etc..

like i said.. you do 1 thing.. someone else does something and its negated .. unless its on a global scale then i doubt planting an extra tree fgs will be of any use at all..

how many use their comps more than "average" each week?

so many things ... do you only boil a cup of water for your tea or like most fill the kettle?

the worlds going mad

the saying "every little helps" sadly doesnt always ...

work beckons.. i am now going to drive solo the 3-4 miles there see an extrordinary amount of lights on which are not needed till later but will remain on all day ... probably use excessive amounts of energy via heating ducts, machines running at less than "most effective speed" ... fork trucks running with no driver inside cause its too much hassle to keep turning them off and on for the few mins no-ones sat on them ..

and thats just where i am..

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F