View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 12:59 AM
^TheHulk^ is offline ^TheHulk^

I dont think limiting snipers would make the game any better. I've never actually played bhd multiplayer yet, but I've I'm sure it follows the same style as other games like it.

Do any of you remember the old days of TFC when the sniper dot would lag behind your x-hairs? If you do, then you'd also remember that Hardly anyone played sniper back then... but then they came out with a new patch that kept the sniper dot right on your x-hairs (the way it SHOULD be). Well, everyone started sniping after that, and all the servers would limit the game to like 2 snipers per side.

I generaly would play medic anyways, but sometimes I could see when my team would need a good sniper, only to find that I can't switch because 2 newbie snipers are trying to cover a single doorway in the basement or something stupid like that.

I think that this ruined the game. I wouldn't even join a server if it had a limit of any class. As far as I'm concerned, there are always ways to beat somebody. You just use different tactics. Stick to narrow allys, jump, duck, strafe, sneak around the back way. Just like you wouldn't lob grenades at someone who is a foot away from you, don't try to shoot down a sniper from 400m with a shotgun. (these are kind of the extremes, but you see my point)