View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Awac835 is offline Awac835

Vampire there is nothing wrong in going out to some desolate place. I can only laugh at those snipers that lay on the same hill or the same roof. When laying on hills and roofs your being very predictable. That is not good if your being a sniper. Sure i will to from time to time go up on those roofs or those hills. Maybe take a shot or two but never 3 and i know i have a high risk of dying up on those "n00b" spots.

Sure not many people can hit moving targets from 500m and if they dont hit em on first shot it will be pure luck if they hit on 2'nd or 3'rd if the target starts to evade.

But 350m is not unrealistic and you can make som good 3 shot hit ratio from that distance.

Its like the first CTF map in Demo2 where one of the teams started by this big hill. Damn i wasted so many people who thought they where clever to be laying on that hill. Everybody did it. It was to easy.

What a sniper should really do is to find himself a good hidden spot, where he can over look a small arc of high enemy proberbility. Laying on a hill top you are very exposed.
Saying this it all comes down to the game your playing in. Some servers only has CQB people running around they don't spot anything, i have managed to be hidding in a bush and wasted 20+ and at 25-100m distance before i was seen. Some games the n00b places work but against another good enemy snipers it just won't do for very long.

IMO