View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 01:45 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKSmurF View Post
The AI in BHD was always abysmal - getting stuck on corners, shooting at walls, etc. However, it had incredible music and voice acting.
I'd like to kindly give my opinion on your comment as I've seen comments like it many times.

The AI in BHD was above standard for the day IMO and the errors you mention are rare and can happen in any game unless tested and adjusted, this is done before publishing but some things are just unforeseen.

If you make a map yourself you'll find all the AI is set to a minimum standard setting so you will get the problem you speak of unless you individually edit and tweak the AI settings yourself.

This is something many people miss.

The settings are actually very comprehensive and impressive in their scope.

Also there are many other things you can do to alter the behaviour of the game AI like area triggers, waypoints and variables but it takes a lot of effort and a good sized map with this in mind can take months. (at an average editing time of 2-3 hours a day also playing the map over and over)

So yes, it can take hundreds of hours to fully finish a map, trust me on that point.

Last edited by Guest001; 10-09-2015 at 01:57 AM.