Thread: Other hobbies
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Other hobbies

What are your other hobbies?

Mine is my car... I've been slowing modding my car over the last couple years, and have surpassed my 375whp goal with 401whp and 420wtq. I do all of the work on my car in my garage from suspension to transmission removal.

I got my first taste of drag racing last year and again this fall. The rush is amazing being able to go from a stop to 120mph in a quarter mile (0.4km @194kph for you other countries) is pretty sweet. I've been running at the track on street tires which makes it impossible to get traction... This week my first pair of racing slicks finally came in. I hope to break into the 11s quarter mile next weekend if the weather holds up. I will also be on the dyno again, hoping for 425whp this time but I doubt I will have enough fuel for that as the cold weather makes my car run very lean (fuel can't keep up).

Here are some videos / pictures of my car:

Dyno of my car in 2011, it made 333whp, 341wtq (boost for boobies is a charity event, for boobies )

Dyno of my car in 2012, it made 401whp, 420wtq

My first 12s pass at the drag strip: 12.8s@119mph. Even though he says silver import won, I was actually faster by 2 100's of a second, the announcer corrected but the wife stopped filimg. FYI, they are both American Made (86% USA materials) Dodge Neon SRT-4s, not imports as the announcer states for some reason.

My first pair of slicks which I hope will give me the traction to put me in the 11s bracket:

Current engine bay pic: (I'm currently proving lots of people wrong by being able to achieve 401whp with a very stock looking engine bay). I only have 3 real mods done to the car: Mopar Stage 3 turbo, Mopar exhaust, E85 fuel+1025cc injectors.

Other pics:

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 10-19-2012 at 11:12 PM.