View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

As in...made up?

Well, in Killzone (greatest PS2 shooter of all time) i'd have this gametype called "Survival". There was this one map called Beachhead, which was just a big stretch of sand with some hills, a small pond, lots of rocks, trenches and shrubbery, and a massive fortress at the far end.

In DM, everyone would spawn anywhere, so the goal of Survival was to take and hold the fortress. But the reason why its called Survival, is because i'd have everyone with around 20 lives or so. The team who last stands, wins! But you HAVE to be in the fortress. You must hold it. Outside the fortress is a killing field. Rockets and grenades will seek you out wherever you may hide.

The perimeter of the fort had some sandbag wall sections and some old blown up buildings, aswell as some defilades in the sand which made for perfect cover. It was wierd though because the bots seemed to realise that the fort was the goal, so if i was in there, so was the rest of my team. The other team would always be hammering away trying to get in and half the time they did. They threw grenades in through the breach first, then hang around on the sides of the opening, making sure that the area was clear before they'd storm in. You just have to see the slaughter to believe it....