View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

So apparently Microsoft's OneDrive is not a good solution for hosting shared files for a website, even if they aren't illegal. They say they do not have bandwidth limits but they do, and if they even slightly suspect a file MAY contain a virus (NONE of the files in our files database contains a virus) they will suspend your account without warning. They didn't like my "Novahq" shared folder, so they suspended my whole account (Xbox and all) twice in the last month because of a false positive and "abnormal bandwidth" usage. If you use your Microsoft account for anything personal or for your business, I cannot recommend them for sharing files at all. The suspension was for 48 hours, and I lost access to everything Microsoft (Xbox, phone etc). Bull****. I canceled my "Office 365" and will no longer share via OneDrive.

So then I uploaded all the files to Dropbox. Well within 4 hours, they disabled all my shared files for abnormal usage. It's not even like we're getting 1000's of visitors a day here.. More like a few hundred.. It can't be that busy. Canceled my account over there.

Now after talking with MediaFire, they say they won't have an issue with the way I want to share files, and I can actually see download counts and bandwidth usage. Plus they offer direct links to the files with fast downloads, so I'm going to try them.

Hopefully all the files will be uploaded by the end of today.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq