Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 02:03 PM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
They didn't understand how to listen to fans. That will always be cited as their cause of death. They were innovative but lacked the other skills and leadership to keep up. Also, the DLC model didn't really explode until several years after NovaLogic's time.
You are absolutely right. Hell, look at them now... we are emailing the CEO and get nothing. We are sitting around discussing engine licensing, something that could potentially make them money, and I am sure they have absolutely zero interest in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
I've tried modding a few games. I still enjoy it, but the challenge has essentially been removed now that official modding tools are a standard. I enjoyed the challenge back in the day of modding games like DF/DF2 that were essentially unmoddable out of the box. I also enjoyed knowing the names of almost everyone in the modding community.
Interesting - did you do a lot of programming (tool creation & stuff)? I was either over at DF Seals or Mod Depot as Black Ice and didn't start modding until BHD, so I don't think we crossed paths too much.

Would you be open to making a DF-inspired indie game one day? It's not something on my radar at this moment, just more curious than anything