View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:56 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chels View Post
You need to goto school to drive those? lol
No not to if you buy one and use it on your property.

Or if you have a company that agrees to take you in without a certificate but few are wiling to hire someone to drive a $4-500 000 machine like this one without you haveing something that proves that you are able to operate these machines and that you take responsability for it

You go to a course and lern pretty much everything to get you started. Then there's a written and practical test which you obviously have to pass, the written test has nothing to do with the actuall operating of the machine, it's centered around safety, meterial knowlage. know how to read blue prints correctly and so on.

After that you have to collect 4800 hours for a machine and then 1200 additional hours for every other machine that you want to certify for. When that's done there's yet another written test and after that there's a practical test again to verfy that you've lernt everything to do your job on your own.

It's taken very seriously here when it comes to machinery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Sweet! Congrats dude! I'd like to try that digger. I've always wanted to dry one. Or one of the monster dump trucks
Yes this one is awsome, there's nothing it can't do, it does what several machines and ground crew does on it's own, such as replacing the biggest powerline poles on it's own without ground crew, it can't connect the lines but that's about the only thing it doesn't. It has a sick mobility and kick a 6 wheel allterrain all drive machine even in the thickest forest and in rocky areas. See if I can find any video of it in a bit. I just can't stop loveing this backhoe!

And the engine is aswome, real american muscles! Only about 10 horsepowers more then my volvo but it has 470 lb/ft of tourqe (635 Nm) which only job is to drive a hydraulic pump and the hydraulic transmission. It is slow though as it tops only 42 kph (26 mph) which is the limit of the hydraulic transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obraino
natural fuel (natural gas) line i was thinking of, they some time place them under the ground along roads ways off to one side or other side. some places they even have power lines and telephone lines under the ground as will.
Don't think thats very common here in Scandinavia but I can obviously not know for sure as I haven't started the course yet

Tele and fiber optic cabels on the other hand are very common and it's often these machine who dig them up and put them down in the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
Grats dude. Be thankful to my father, he designs the Cummins engines you'll be operating
I will! Everyone I've heared praises the engine to the heaven! The rule is, don't buy any hudding that doesn't have the 6 cyl cummins engine, there are a few models that doesn't. Tell that to your father and thank him from me!

My photography website