Thread: For Panther!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 08:47 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Plain For Panther!

http://www.f-asmussen.dk/DFTFD/index.htm

This site 'Dreamkillers' is distributing maps. (839) in total according to the webmaster.
What I want to know is has there been any correspondance between you and he?

I know for a fact that some of the maps he has, (And he has graciously allowed visitors to download them), are from DFHQ because some of them are mine and I have only ever sent any of my maps to DFHQ.

The webmaster has taken his own Screenies of each map and has endeavoured to try and give the map makers credit, however only two of my five maps he has on his server are accredited to me, the other three having the name section left blank, presumably because he doesnt have the information to hand.

Essentially I dont have a huge problem with this, because the maps appear unchanged and no attempt has been made to accredit himself with their manufacture. I hand my maps over to DFHQ so they can be used by anyone who wants them and I have a personal philosophy that people can use anything I produce over the web for their own ends, as long as they dont take credit for it in the first place.

However, they link to dfhq only in their LINKS section and as far as I can tell that is the only reference I can find to the site I now suspect he has taken the majority of his content from.

I think this is wrong. I also dont like the fact that some of my maps dont have my name next to the files.

Just thought you would like to know. It may well be that he asked you before hand.