Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 07:56 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I am not smart. This sometimes wrecks my progression as a person, and the setbacks monopolize my headspace, and from the outside, it might look like I'm rude.

I'm not rude on purpose, I'm preoccupied with damage control.

Like...

The Half-Life 25th anniversary update surprised me in the most ridiculous way. I was modding up a new reticle, I looked at it in-game, quit the game to tweak it, started the game to look at the new tweaks, and CS wouldn't start. Neither would CS:CZ nor CS:CZDS. Then when I started HL1, it was completely different.

My anxiety skyrocketed.

I tried a bunch of stuff 'til I disasterously uninstalled and reinstalled HL1 and all the HL1 mods I like. See, most of the games and programs I'm used to dealing with will only delete files and folders that had been installed, not new folders or files that were not installed, but Steam does things differently, so when I went to look at my modifications in my Steam games, they were all gone. Sprites, targas, .wavs, AI nav points for dozens of Vampire Slayer VI maps. Hundreds of files.

Now, guess if I had backed those files up anywhere. At all.

My stomach is knotting up as I write this, just thinking about it.

So what I've been doing the last few weeks is rebuilding my HL1 mods, and my HL1 mod mods.

This video basically saved my sanity:

Remember kids: Keep Calm and Choose the Legacy Beta.

I've pretty much recreated all my best CS:CZDS stuff. Attached is a triptych of a whole new reticle. It's from Primary Arms, and I think it's called the ACSS HUD DMR .308/.223. Unscaled, but detailed. It's kind of complicated, but not where it needs to be simple. I don't love it, but I think it's neat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cz_hr03_PA_HUD_308.jpg (214.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-19-2023 at 10:23 AM.