View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
Plus I really don't like the idea of not physically owning my games. I've been lazy and bought Steam games I didn't want to wait a week for, but I kind of wish I just got the physical copies.

For example, what happens if Steam goes bankrupt?
"what happens if Steam goes bankrupt?"
One hope would be...
There are still a lot of viable games on Steam that would need to be patched over if another company stepped in and negotiated for the the rights to distribute a lot of the games that are still active online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Just my opinion, but some may like Steam but to me if I could run some games without it I would.

For example I can't seperate my Call of duty:MW3 shortcut from Steam (sorry Mstenger404 ... it doesn't work for me). So I'm forced to launch that game from within Steam. I have tried several ways to create the Call of duty:MW3 shortcut on my desktop, but so far have had no luck .

Also, I've had to delay Steam in my computer startup because it uses quite a bit of resourses .

I guess one good thing about Steam would be the Steam cloud that stores my game stats & friends list.
I don't know about COD but if you go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common you may find the game there and locate the executable, make the desktop shortcut as usual. Go to MSCONFIG and disable Steam Auto startup then when you start the game steam will still have to start but it will be on demand and not at Windows Login. After you start a steam linked game this way any other steam games similarly treated will start quickly from the Desktop
PS I can run DFX2 without Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by black hawk View Post
Well it's been some time, since I last logged in. Internet is a problem in my area. Nevertheless, my problem is that I don't know much about steam except it is a place/website where I could buy games at a good discount or I could play some free games. What I wanted to know is whether it supports LAN gaming or you know something like Tunngle supports. Does it host some servers for online games (except those free ones)? If yes, then for which games.(older games between 2005 to 2009 would be more preferred.)
(older games between 2005 to 2009 would be more preferred.)