View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
In DF1 and DF2 you could go near a building and turn 3rd person on and actually see through the building without getting through it. Great tactic but I'm not sure if it would be classified as cheating. Never really done it before online, anyway.

Hell, you know the "Play Dead" trick in BHD? You can use that to trick ya enemies. I'm sure I've used it a few times, hehe.
I don't think one can aim in 3rd person view, so the asker would be no not cheating.

if one was laying low on the ground in some bush to say and could not see through it, in 3rd person view they can look above it, but i don't think in 3rd person view one can aim using that option in the game. its a nice trick to see if any one coming in your direction so you take steps when they come in range, then jump out shot them. many do this.

some think a person is using x-ray (not always the case) and standing at a wall watching other, but they are using the 3rd person view looking over the wall watching the action in the kill-zone.

when you see some one running into walls like crazy! its a good chance they are using some type of x-ray cheat, they don't see walls and some buildings. but in 3rd person view they be getting ready by a wall or building like chrisp stated.

really don't think one can aim in 3rd person view is in use, in any of DF: serials or JOTR for that matter, you can on the other hand shot wild and through grenades wild
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-12-2008 at 04:17 PM.