View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 07:05 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Okay, I have a reach of an idea, but let me explain...

In the MEd, there are no sub-meter negative coordinates. If you place an item at X=-1.25 Y=0, what the MEd actually needs to place that item is an X of [-2][49152], instead of [-1][-16384]. Effectively, the MEd considers the item to be 2 meters west, then 0.75m east, not just 1.25m west.

I don't know how the game interprets mouse axis input, but for obvious reasons, I suspect it's in degrees, and if flicks to the left are polled as full degrees left, then sub-degrees right, you might just get this effect. I suspect higher polling rates may actually exacerbate the problem.

Personally, I've never actually noticed anything like this, but it also took me years of thinking, Why are the Team Sabre missions so weird? before I saw a post about how TS vehicles are silent. I shut off the music, and sure enough, that Pavelow taking us to Paolo's island had no engine noise. Didn't explain everything, but it explained a lot.

(One of the main points I address in my mods is fixing those missing engine sounds, and frankly, the Pavelow has a really relaxing thumpy-whir to it, and it makes me sleepy)

So, that's two cents from the unobservant, but imaginative.