View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 07:38 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Tips, hints & shortcuts for the Med.

I thought I would start a thread to help those using the DFX MED.

This will help those just starting out mapping and may also help those who have been mapping for awhile use shortcuts and tricks for making maps easier.

Anyone who might have any hints, tips or shortcuts for mapping is encourged to give their advice in this thread.

I'll start off by giving this little trick that I use:

Use the "ABSOLUTE HEIGHT" box as much as possible ! The absolute height allows objects to be copied and pasted at the same absolute "Z" height throughout an area. This works great for placing fences at the same exact height and putting objects inside buildings along the floor line. What I do is for placing objects inside buildings, I place the first object (like a chair or table) inside the building at the "Z" height of the floor. Then I copy the chair or table, then paste it back into the building then change the table or chair into another object like a file cabinet or tech equiptment. The copied item will automatically be at the floor level after being pasted back in!

And if you want to copy an entire building with all the items inside, then press shift and drag your mouse across the building then everything inside the building will be highlighted so you can copy and paste the building with all it's contents in another area! Even if you move an entire building and it's contents to another location on the map, with the "ABSOLUTE HEIGHT" box checked, the items will remain at the same "Z" level!

You'll find this makes the placement process much easier and faster!

Last edited by dave61; 12-04-2010 at 07:57 PM.