View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 04:32 AM
Worm is offline Worm

Send a message via ICQ to Worm
Quote:
Originally posted by Koty
I'm having a problem with my keyboard remap and loadout not saving, It will work fine untill i close the game, then the next time i go to play i have to remap the keyboard and change my loadout again, this happens everytime i want to play the game. I've emailed nova a few times and still no response. Anyone know what might be wrong?
Sounds to me like you've got a corrupt file somewhere which would best be fixed by reinstalling the game. As a workaround though, what you could do is to remap as usual, launch the game and then Alt+Tab to go back to the desktop. Then open Explorer and navigate to the BHD directory and make a copy of the file called DVPLR.SAV. You can drag and drop it to the desktop using right mouse button > choose "Copy here" from the context menu for example. That file contains all your settings. Then, before you start the game the next time, drag and drop that file into the BHD directory and choose to overwrite the existing file.

Alternatively, follow the same steps to make a copy of the dvplr.sav file, but uninstall, delete the BHD folder via Windows Explorer and then reinstall the game instead. The dvplr.sav file will be created the first time you launch a game. You can then overwrite it in the same way if the problem hasn't been fixed by reinstalling.