View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 10:28 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmellyfart View Post
what I was talking about though was say you download a 2GB dfx2 mod
and the server is reset or there is an interruption in the download at about 1 gb or half way thru the download...now you have an unusable partial down load just wasting hdd space and that has used up 1 gb of your free bandwidth that comes with your website that is being hosted by joe blow
web services... and to complete the download you must re download again... and walaaaa... a 2 gb download statistically is now 3 gb download
and when your free bandwidth is used up...a. they deny access to the site or b they charge you for additional bandwidth ... so a solution is to A. find a host for the files that has no restrictions or B. have a resume feature on the website downloads ...resume lets a website visitor or member resume the failed download where it left off saving on band width usage...the problem with hosting files on an other site or linking to the file on its home site is
websites go dark and you lose the files and resources forever...I am a firm believer of having the files in a download section be 100 % on site...I hope the hoste you will be using to file share with works out... did you know that digital river is owned by Microsoft...which means no mater where you go you cant escape Microsoft and they didn't just stick their finger in the Pie the they did it American pie style....heheheheeheh
FYI
I think Mediafire actually has the resume feature so we should be good with that

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq