View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSkool View Post
Excellent. I'll fool around with variables more then.

Also, I downloaded DFX MEd 2.60.
When I try to open it it says Warning: Unable to load file game bin file.
I cannot find any settings where I can point DFXMED to the game directory.
I have also tried to re-install joint ops and then re-install DFX with no luck.

Is there something simple I am missing?
I fully want to use the same program you are and ditch Nile.

*UPDATE*
I did not install it to the correct location. I didn't read that it needed to be installed to the Joint Ops folder.
It opens correctly now.

I am trying to get it to load my map file with little success so far. No environment loads. No errors but it just does not display anything.
OK I'll answer as best I can...

NILE maps (NPJ NPZ) will not open in the MEd sry

You'll have to start again because there is no provision in the NILE to export to MIS

Some MIS files will load with no environment because they come from different versions of the game...

That's because terrains, environments and many objects are different or just not there.

If you put the MEd into your game it will open all the assets no problem as it reads the PFF files.

If you use JOE you have to point it to the exp folder using the switch /exp jox01

That may also be a reason your map doesn't load if it is a MIS after all...

Like this:

"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\dfxmed.exe" /exp jox01
or
"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Combined Arms\dfxmed.exe" /exp jox01

Note that if you want to merge or convert between versions you can open 2 maps at once in the MEd, Page1 (P1) and Page 2 (P2)
but make sure you set absolute height first so everything stays at the original heights, then use numeric move to set everything
to the desired height in the new terrain..

BTW
The volcano map was made in DFX2

Last edited by Guest001; 06-13-2014 at 09:12 PM.