View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 06:55 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

Quote:
Originally posted by Wall_BMF
About time they got rid of all those annoying characters in peoples names. It made searching for people a true pain in the ass. What exactly is the point of using hexed characters anyway? Whenever I see them it just makes me think of all the lame little hacker wannabe kiddies who hang out on AOL.

In every Delta Force game I have used the same name" ~Møü§E~ ".
There were at least 5 other mouse using different hexed names.

If you wanted to report a cheater, all you had to do was send a screen shot to nova showing the offenders name.
What is complicated about that ?

When the new naming policy came into effect I was lucky to get " MOUSE ".
The others had to change there names.

OK, having hexed characters is not essential but being able to use the normal keyboard characters to personalise your name is a fairly basic feature. e.g. *mouse* , ~mouse~ , @mouse@ ........

Anybody remember "WE WANT OUR NAMES BACK" on the nova forum ?

I finally got a response from nova.
All the reasons for changing the naming policy to catch cheaters could have been solved quite easily.

I got the impression that the main reason they changed names was because there new fancy forum system could not handle hexed names.

Most gaming companies have realised that the more a player can personalise there character, the more the player will play the game and purchase other add ons & games from the same company.

Time to munch a shroom and chill out.

Last edited by ~MOUSE~; 07-07-2004 at 07:37 AM.