View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Rat Sass is offline Rat Sass

Tongue not quite

Quote:
Originally posted by -Elite-
once you grow used to one, you don't like the other...
Like I said- I use a CAD system all day long to design machinery. Bing-bang: wireframe in minutes to 12 decimal places. That's how I see the MED.

The NILE, on the other hand, will probably appeal to those who use rendering software, like 3dMax, etc. It's a different approach and it's what game designers are used to. It's a different perspective.

To me, X is left-right; Y is forward-backward; Z is up-down... just like back in school. But, NILE sez Z is in-out, etc: it's the relativity thing.

When I design, I look for functionality... I leave the pretty rendering up to the folks who do the brochures. Same with making maps... NL has already (I thank you) supplied the renderings... I just wanna make it functional and do it quickly, I don't care about doing a camera walk-thru... I've already visualized it.

So---------- can we keep both? Huh? Can we? Can we?

How about a nice, official translator so we can bounce between the two editors? Hey NL- I'D PAY NICE BUCKS FOR A DELTA FORCE MAP DEVELOPER'S PACKAGE. (Hint, hint.)

(Gawd- what a ramble that turned out to be. Sorry.)

Rat Sass