View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 05:04 AM
Eagle_Eye is offline Eagle_Eye
Old Timer...

Thank Stevie, All the PC's we use are new athlon, 1700, or higher, mine is Athlon 2000+.

+ same subnet 255.255.0.0
+ diff ip yes
+ file sharing enabled yes
+ ipx installed yes
+ same work group - HOME
+ firewall settings no firewall

these are my settings, funny thing though, at home, wifes pc a P3 733, has no trouble serving 2 me and vice versa, it's only via the lan at mates house we have trouble. So the only thing is, I have to serve all the games, not a problem, except one of the guys has the same problem as me, he can't get in when I serve, but I can get into his when he serves, so only 3 out of the 4 of us can olay at one time, what a hassle. The only difference is, at home I use crossover cable, at mates we use 5 port hub. we have tried differnt hubs and cables, can't seen to solve the problem.
All said and done, I thik it is a driver problem , if you don't have the exact drivers for your card, your up the creek. Windows xp is a great platform, but xp drivers a bit of a problem. I can always get updates because I have a surecom card, they have good support site., Some cards the guys have got where second hand, they just come up as whatever the chipset is, and windows xp just loads a native driver. What do you think?

Eagle Eye

P.S.
love your maps and website