View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 01:17 AM
WozåGriøt »EIЫ is offline WozåGriøt »EIЫ

New Computer Issues

Hello,
I have read through the posts and can't seem to find my issue so I have decided to post about it. I recently bought a new computer. PentiumD 820 processor with dual core technology 2.8 Ghz with an Intel 945G chipset. It also has 1024 MB of DDR2 and a Serial ATA 250 GB driver. This is a Gateway system. Got home installed BHD and Team Sabre. I was playing in our (Elite Infantry Division) server and after about three maps the sound went out and the game crashed. This happened a few times so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, which I did about five times. Problem persisted. It has a Sigma Tel High Definition chip on the board itself so I believed this was the problem I updated the driver no change. I decided to replace the sound card and while I was at it I bought a GeForce 6600 PCIE 256MB card. This made no difference other then one of the times it crashed it gave a sysdmp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything and updated every thing I can think of. I called tech support number (818)878-0325 and the guy basically blew me off stating that the GeForce card was not updated, ignoring the fact that the problem was there BEFORE the video card was installed. I have been going back and forth trying everything as recommended by different techy folks and nothing works. I have even posted in our squad's techy section and they don't have an answer. I need some help here. I am kind of bitter because I left work early last week to address the problem, lost revenue for my practice, and the tech support person basically blows me off after I had to place a long distance call. At this point I am about give it up and move on to a different game. But I can't stand the fact I have a game that I enjoy playing and that I spent $40.00 on that can't run in a system that is well beyond the specs required to run it, not to mention the $300.00 I have donated in support of my squad to maintain and run a good server. Any help would be greatly appreciated by myself and the people that depend on my support.

This is the latest sysdmp. They have all been about the same.