View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 03:38 PM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
Yes, I managed to put the TGA image at the beginning of the mission by inserting the file with the mission name inside the DF2.pff file, unfortunately there is a problem...if you gave your mission a long enough name it will fail to enter the pff file. by excess of letters. So I immediately thought that the solution was to edit the DF2briefing file by putting the name of the mission, the briefings, etc. Unfortunately, there is a problem here too...the strings available in the BIN editor "VARIABLE" section are the default ones of the campaign so for example "D03M05", "D06M08" etc. and I can not add more to put the name of my custom mission in the space below. Does anyone have a solution? Is there a way to add more strings so I can edit the BIN for my DF2 mission? This would solve both the problem of images and briefings.
df2 has a character limit on file names to 11 characters not including the extension. example: bigbadwolfy.bms, bigbadwolfy.tga, etc.

novalogic used those short names, "D03M05", to avoid long mission names within the .pff

i know this isnt a fixall, but it can help some of the small things that mappers would overlook at times.