View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM
cjbrodey is offline cjbrodey

I tried out the DFX2 (after a moving on to other things for over a year,) and it was good to play some new novalogic again. I couldnt wait to get back into the maped and make some more maps. I guess have made aproximatly 50 or so maps with DFX and Joint Ops, and also was intrumental in reconfiguring the DFX demo map which is where I got my start with Nova.
I am involved with alot of other projects right now, but I will be doing alot more map making.
One map I would really like to do is the DFX demo Snow Base map.
I really liked this map and have alot of good memories playing it. I used the "Pilot Mod", (among others).. and since the new DFX2 is modded similarly, and has the same terrain in its maped...I would like to know if, or how I can bring the DFX map into the DFX2 server. Is this possible?

I know, I could just lay out the terrain and try to remember exactly where all the items etc are correctly positioned at...but man that would take alot of time, and I would rather it be 100% accurate.

I looked in the Nova folders and was wondering if it might be possible to extract the Snow Map from DFX using som kind of utility, and reinstall into my Map files on DFX2.

I would really apreciate any advise anyone has on this.

Also,
I lost all my modding/ mapping tools awhile back..can anyone point me in the direction of a good wac file utility and a terrain veiwer! I am sure the old tools will probably work on the DFX2 maped.

Thanx in advance for your replies.

Last edited by cjbrodey; 07-15-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: change wording