View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
hiho thanks for the messages

sorry guys i know we suck at this. i usually check these 2 or 3 times a week but i had a busy weekend.

just for your info :

Scott might be able to throw a bit more light on this but this system was in place to protect users and to make a better quality map database for the community.

#1 we could check the files uploaded were safe before anyone downloaded them.
#2 we could check that all the map files needed were included.
#3 we were reviewing the maps before release so ppl knew what to expect.

i think what we didn't expect all those years ago was the number of maps we would ever get submitted, but hey it's difficult to complain about that huh?

another problem was that we all grew up to, we all like a few games and that but timewise everyone got screwed, jobs, life took over :/ and reviewing maps became impossible (which was another thing that got our members annoyed ).

so now you're still thinking why don't we get ppl in like you said?? well we did, and it helps for a month or 2 and then they lose interest, it's like map overload or something, usually they just go completely awol probably had a map breakdown or something also it means making someone a site admin which is not something we can do lightly no matter how enthusiastic someone is, the site means too much to us, i mean we have enough problems keeping Matt out of trouble with the admin features

so what now then? well you might or might not know we are going to be relaunch the site, with new features including automatic map validation and a few other things you will like.

you are very much welcome to make some suggestions as to features you would like in terms of adding/submitting maps or browing the maps or anything at all relating to a df community site (you can post or send me a private message if you wish).

anyways sorry for going on a bit, thought you guys deserved a reply , i try to check but please feel free to give me a kick or note to wake me up. thanks for helping us keep the df community active