Thread: [DFX2] Some kind of WAC Builder
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
Oh my Bob, Dashie! If you want someone to test that mother out, I am officially applying for the job right now!

For instance, I can tell you this much already:

wave("Rnga101a.wav",200)

The wave action plays .wavs out of the player's mouth. As written above, if you were in 3rd-person view (F4), you'd hear the Ranger's voice and see the player's mouth move.

Also in that action, 200 is NOT audible distance, as everyone imagines, that number is either 0 (false) or not 0 (true). If that number is 0, the .wav still plays silently; you still see the player's mouth move, you just don't hear the .wav playing. But if that number is 1, 2, 42, 200, 666, or 1000009, then you hear the .wav.

If you're in F4 view and Numpad 9 all the way out to 512m and that number is 1, 2, 42, 200, 666, or 1000009, then you still hear the .wav.

I'm just saying that I know some stuff, I could be helpful, and I offer my time to you for this freely.

Off topic-ish, have you ever thought to attempt making an .ain file creator for DFBHD? That would revolutionize SP mapping to no measurable extent, I think.
That would be tons of help. Also, I didn't know that about the wave function. So, distance would technically be irrelevant for wave("x",y), and using 1 as a value would have the same effect as 10000? Awesome - I'll update to reflect that.

I also have all of the wave options (from mouth, radio, etc.). Thanks Baldo!

Also, about the .ain creator - would love to give that a try. I was also pretty annoyed with Nova's AI advantage that couldn't be emulated in user-created maps (without waypoints, they pretty much just dumbly run into walls). Sounds like a good suggestion. If I figure out how to make them, I can add an ain creator to this program, or maybe make one separately.