Thread: [BHD:TS] Uncap framerate
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 08:08 PM
mg is offline mg

Quote:
You were denying game framerate's effect on animation speeds, and I was trying to concur after being awake for twenty-some-odd hours. Garbling may have been inevitable.
Cheers! That makes sense, and no worries it seems I did roughly understand where you were going with it!

Quote:
Oh, yeah! .wac scripting! That's where I solidified my opinion on the 60 ticks per second idea! When you do things with timers or delays in the .wac file, the time is measured in 'ticks' according to the Kyle.wac (or as I like to think of it, the .wac scripter's bible), and I saw it stated somewhere that the game does stuff in 60 ticks per second, and I did some testing that did not prove that wrong, so...
Oh yeah I can totally see that being the case. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
I also wanted to know how you got to a 64 frame cap since I've been convinced of a 60 frame cap for so long.
I wasn't clear myself either: this figure of 64 FPS is specifically from the renderer (measured with Afterburner OSD via RTSS) on an MP game (hosted by myself from the same process as the one I was playing in, for testing purposes). It was so stable that I didn't feel the need to record historical data to analyze later, and given I was getting 7x that in SP, I was pretty satisfied that it was an artificial cap at 64 FPS exactly.

This doesn't invalidate your understanding that the simulation runs at 60 Hz, as we've established the main game loop and the rendering loop run independently (as they should).