View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
People these days just don't understand

Okay, as some of you know, my mum, ain't the best on computers. She had only really started nearly two years ago, and has hardly learnt anything new, within that time period.

Whenever she has a damn problem on the computer, sometimes I have to come in and fix the problem for her. Whenever I fix something on the computer, she wants to know how to - REGARDLESS of how hard it is or how damn frustrating it is...

She blackmails me into doing it!!! God...

She tells me to write it down on a piece of paper how to do it. If the writing's too small, she asks for me to write it big. If it's hard to understand, she tells me to write it simplified. And whenever I do write it down on a paper, she either loses it, or falls asleep of confusion trying to read it.

Sometimes she tells me to tell her and she'll write it down. And every few seconds she bloody asks how to spell this or how to spell that (she's been in NZ for about 13-14 years and hasn't really improved in English at all).

Whenever I tell her to read PC manuals or something to learn, she falls asleep reading the first few words. She either loses the manual, says she'll read it later (which she DOESN'T), or makes up a stupid excuse like her reading the first few pages are good enough for her and she'll read the rest later (which she DOESN'T).

And she always thinks so linearly. If I tell her a solution to something on the computer, she'll think it's the solution to everything. Like for example, there was this stupid song she wanted to download on a site, but it was embedded. I had to go to the page source, and track down the link to the .mp3 - if I told her how to do that, she'd think it would be the case for every embedded .mp3 out there on a website.

She also sometimes likes to change the subject and say that if it wasn't for her, etc. I wouldn't be this smart on PCs.

Whenever I try to teach her something new, she'll just forget it. It's no use. But whenever I have to jump in and save her from wrecking the computer, she wants to know how to do it. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T LEARN TILL YOU'RE EXPERIENCED ENOUGH?!

Sorry for the big rant...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black