Thread: BSoD
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:31 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
BSoD

Wow. I was playing DFLW online, then I decided to ALT + TAB and exit my WMP. After unchecking Shuffle and clicking the X, there goes the BSoD...

I rebooted, and it's going all good now. You're probably thinking I want help and therefore it goes in the Tech Support forum, but I'm not really asking for help. Just wanted to ask you guys if any of you have been getting the BSoD lately.

The PC's been going fine for nearly a whole year or so and when you see the blue screen it occurs to you: why now? Or, what made it happen?

I've got Fix-It Utilities 5 and I'm first doing a SMARTCheck on the HDD. I'm gonna do hardware checks later on.

Not just that. I'm also gonna be doing an adware scan and all.

Something else as well... Yesterday, the floppy disk drive was making that noise every now and then (no floppy in the drive as well). Floppy disk drive error?

Quote:
Often, if you're lucky, the problem will resolve itself with a simple reboot and you may never have to worry about it again. More typically though, the BSOD is a harbinger of trouble and you may find yourself faced with another and another until you throw up your hands... but all is not lost.
The reboot better have fixed it... And if it ain't fixed yet, I hope it's a software error. Hardware errors really pee you off more than anything!

Too bad I didn't actually go read all of what it said on the blue screen. May have woulda helped me a tad bit.

Well, I may have to narrow down the possibilities.

So anyone got the blue screen lately? Or any unpredictable errors with their comp?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black