View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 02:32 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddynod443 View Post
Well at least with this Lan Patch the Stock and custom DFX2 maps all work.

I do have one problem however, please tell me if you ever encountered this problem with DFX2:

Randomly if a grenade, map decoration (computer, barrel, radio equipment), or some other explosion blows up right in front of the player/(right in your face) my screen glitches out and starts flashing and flickering. The map/spawn screen pops up but pressing the space bar doesn't make it go away. On other players screens they can see that I have respawned, but I can't move the player with the mouse and once again my screen remains locked, frozen, glitched, etc So I can't see.

The only fix that I have found is to quite the session, rejoin, and avoid such explosions.

Any one have any ideas on how to fix this problem? I have windows 7, so I tried setting compatibility mode to vista service pack 2 or windows xp, but that didn't fix the problem.
Hi there, I don't know if you can readily solve this problem but it may help you to read about similar issues I've seen myself.

I'd say they're more than likely to occur for others as well.

Yes this is some sort of a collision event error encountered when serving and playing from the host PC.

If you're hosting and playing through the DFX2 game lobby, throwing a grenade can certainly crash you out of the game.

Other problems arise such as a random point teleport effect and the player getting stuck between collision meshes.

AFAIK serving without playing and then joining from another PC in the host LAN may also cause the players to encounter issues.

The same may also apply in a "patched" LAN scenario.

The only solution I've found is a remote host.

Hope this helps...