Thread: GTA IV Joke
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
Quote:
Originally posted by EDGE
Why? It's only entertainment. I know it's a controversial game, but cmon people, it's a game. Everyone makes such a big deal out of the games these days saying that they "corrupt our kids" and that "the kids that are being corrupted are our future" and other nonsense like that. The games don't corrupt kids anymore than what they see in their own homes.

Lets see. Do you think a kid would be more likely to grow up, get married and beat their wife by:

A. Playing a video game
B. Seeing his father do it

The answer is B. You can't tell me that what a kid sees in their own home doesn't affect the outcome of their lives more than a video game does. It affects their lives more than a silly video game ever will. So, why make such a big deal out of a video game and spend so much time trying to get it banned when there are kids out there who are witnessing their moms, sisters, step-moms, aunts, grandmas or whoever get beat by their husbands in their own homes. I say we spend more time trying to stop domestic violence rather than spend all this money trying to get a game banned.

The game is meant for entertainment, not to teach children how to grow up and become murderers. It's just a game, drop the whole "this game should be banned" stuff.
EDGE, read.

now I know for a fact that's a bunch of BS. I know these game have an affect on kids because I am a kid (14 years old). ever since I played BF2 (Battlefield 2) I started having an argue to fight in some war.

I have been a war junkie ever since I was 8 (until I found this country isn't worth fighting for) but I liked war for the friendship of your fellow soldiers who would take a bullet for you or lay on a grenade to save your life. I seemed to like the idea of that kind of friendship compared to the world of hate I live it today. now I just seem to want to go to war to kill the enemy. I have pushed away this argue to kill some enemy in a war buy telling myself that that is not what war is about. video games do affect the minds of kids, it is up to the kids to decide how to control themselves. I know this because I experienced it first hand.

and the BS that kids get these ideas from the parents is BS too. my father had to pull his father off his mother because he was stinking drunk and trying to kill her. his father had his hands around his mothers throat and strangling her and my dad as a little boy had to get on his back and pull him off. and even after all of this after it was over he went to bed like he normally would because it happened all the time. he was even beaten in the chest over and over by his mother because he told her not to cus out Gods name. and this went on for ever until he moved out. and now he is a saved christian and the kindest man I know. with a good job and a 2 story house...etc the point is that his violent parents had no effect on him.

The big point is that games should NOT be about Banging some $2 hooker in your car. only freaks and screwed-up-people would find something so disgusting "entertaining".