View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Shughart is offline Shughart

Thought id reply just for the hell of it .

First things first... Base raping is not cheating, its not cheap, its called skill .

Nova does infact monitor their servers, but not often, and not often enough.
The problem is they run their servers on co-located servers with serveral copies of the game running on one computer.
We dont have a clue how this affects the running of the server if a sysop is going between 4-5-how many ever games there are on one computer.

The thing is, nova are the only people who have the 'patch' to do this. You try running several servers on one computer, its laggy as hell. And their games also dont run on Linux although I've heard the next DF game in the series will.

I have personally spoken to a Novaworld sysop before.
I met him in a TFD server which was weird because you hardly ever see them in servers.
But he was about to close the servers down (his name was Sysop), at first I didn't believe he was an admin but then I checked player list and he wasn't there.

He told me to email him but put something in the subject so he would know it was me. He asured me that novaworld do care about their customers but it still took fugin ages to get an email back.
NovaWorld support is absolute bolluxs, they just DO NOT respond to most of their emails.

And I wish someone would in an interview with Marcos w/e his name is, I wish someone would just grill him about it.
Ask him WHY NW dont give a flying f**k about the people who keep them in business, and why they dont respond to emails and why they allow cheaters in their games.

If you are going to do a petition, then what you need to do is find someone who is going to the showcasing of the next DF game and get them to just stand up and ask them why they do nothing at all.

Hell id pay to see someone just stand up and pull out a petition of atleast 5000 names on it, and ask them why they dont care.