Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 02:45 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Yeah so BC: Ballistic Coefficient (drag according to NL) of 1 = no drag from air. but I don't think it accounts for inertia? I'm guessing it's a modifier that a value in the velocity is multiplied by per 1 meter traveled. So if it's 1, there's no change. So shouldn't anything above 1 technically make the bullet gain speed over distance? lol that'll be interesting to try. I'll have to look up the equation for this out of curiosity.

The game is fairly close. And yes, I wouldn't worry too much about accuracy of the reticle marks. It's really more for faster range acquisition in a pinch to get your close enough for an area level of accuracy. BDC's in reality are not spot on either unless you're under the exact same circumstances that the manufacturer based the BDC marks on. There's a reason there's a big debate in the gun community on the actual practicality of BDC's. Personally, I think they're great to have, but wouldn't rely on them if you're trying to one shot a HVT and bug out un noticed.

Nice work on the peepers BTW. The one you see in my first screenshot in a selectable accessory for the sniper class in my mod. SIMRAD bino's. Much more magnification, and it's equipped with a range finder, ability to place map markers, and has a thermal mode. The TGA I made for it is old, but it works. when you look through a real pair of bino's, you only really see the black from eye relief, so I figured that was good enough.