View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
I picked it up scott. The whole thing about the game is that you choose a character and do quests. You level up and further make your class unique to your playing style with talent trees. You go through the game getting better weapons and so on.

I am not sure if I like this game. It has no multiplayer to it. I did not read a whole lot about the game before it came out but I was under the impression that there was going to be some sort of multiplayer to it. You can play over xbox live but it is only coop. You can team up with just random people but all you do it play the single player. A level 40 can come into the beginning of the game and play all of the level 1 quests with other low levels.

Basically, all this game is is a world of warcraft fps for console. But without the pvp. If I remember correctly, there are places where you can go to battle each other. they are kind of like arenas but I have not tried those out yet.

The game is a lot like world of warcraft in many ways. There are 6 different colors of items. In other words, if the gun shows a a different color, depending on the color will depend on how rare it is in the game. From common to rare, the coloring goes: white, yellow, green, blue, purple, orange.(just like the world of warcraft item coloring). You have classes with different talent trees just like wow.

I was hoping it would be something like you play your character in single player and do all of that stuff. Then you could take your character online and just have huge battles with other players.

I think why I am disappointed in borderlands is because it reminds me so much of world of warcraft. I was hoping to get an entirely new gaming experience.

I would rent it first, scott. See if you like it or not.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser

Last edited by teej; 10-20-2009 at 07:06 PM.