Thread: Battlefield 2
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by HyperCStar
God all the DVD Rom games dont work... I Formated my comp 5 months from now..........................................
uninstall your DVD drive and restart the system, windows will see it as a new drive added to the system after it restarts and load up to log-in screen.

could mean your DVD-Drive is bad.

there was no need to redo windows ether, if you only getting that error about the DVD drive.

PS if the Disc drive have "DVD logo" on it then it was made for DVD! other wise it only for CDs only and can't read a DVD

good way to know if it can even read any dvd put a DVD-Movie in then play it see what happens.

uninstall a DVD/CD Drive
1.) right click-on "My Computer" (on desktop or control panel area) then select "Manage" then select "Device Manager".
2.) look down the listing see "DVD/CD-Rom Drive "click-on the + sign next to it.
3.) you should see your DVD-Drive there if so then right click-on it then select "Uninstall" it may ask you really like to uninstall click-on yes or ok.

you may get a message you need to restart system its ok

as windows restarts back to the load screen it will reinstall the DVD Drive and all the drivers for it. thats it

a note only: some older DVD-Drives were made for Windows 98/98SE/ME may not work with Windows 2000, Xp, Vista they are build old stander and hardware DVD or CD may not have newer flash drives for them. you should check with the maker of the disc drives see if they have a new flash drive made for it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 05-14-2008 at 01:33 PM.