View Single Post
Old 06-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Black6~ODA~ is offline Black6~ODA~

Send a message via ICQ to Black6~ODA~
For one BHD was a lot more serious and only a handful of people made it out on their own two legs. The rest were all casulties, about 75 wounded and dead out of 99 that went in. In comparison to what is going on now in the middle east, well there is no comparison especially to the loss of life in civilian terms and in our own military casulties. I mean in Mog there were quite a few thousand civilians dead, wounded, and dieing at the hospital in Mog after it all happened mainly from US bullets and grenades and whats worse the whole population was involved in it, just about every man, woman and child came down to kill rangers that, probably in the 100,000 person range. Unlike what is going on now where we just bombed the hell out of the known terrorists first then moved in and finished them off with special forces and infantry which could not be done in a big city like Mogadishu.
"Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarass my country."
The Ranger Creed