***ME***
Thu, 22nd Dec 2011 12:23 pm
Far Cry 2 will not run at all
far cry crashes on exit
Both installed from backups

***STEAM*** Support Tech Bruce on Mon, 26th Dec 2011 4:29 am
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

***STEAM*** If you are running in Windows Vista or Windows 7, please completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut
which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator."
Then, verify the game's files at least once:
NOTE: There may be files that fail to validate. This is normal and can be ignored.
If the issue persists, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.
If the issue persists and this game is not made by Valve, further support for this title is handled by a third party support department:

Cut short, too many cr@ps to list

***ME*** Tue, 27th Dec 2011 12:00 am
None of these solutions have worked I am re downloading. I noticed a conflict! I do not have the fortunes edition but it shows
in my profile that I do. This is incorrect so please correct the error

***STEAM*** Please check to make sure your game files are installed correctly.
Let us know if you encounter any difficulty contacting the support provider for this title, or if you have any further questions.

***ME*** Quote "If you continue to experience this issue, please contact the game manufacturer for support."
You are the ones who have altered the exe file therefore you carry the responsibility.
There is no support for this issue at Ubisoft, all Steam related install and run issues are redirected to Steam.

***ME*** Re: Far Cry 2 Graphics failure,
I carried out all the steps you listed in your email by downloading software and drivers I did not need, this is not very good as the problem was not fixed at all. You have no idea how to fix it do you?

***ME*** I have found a way to fix it. (Far Cry 2 graphics out of range) Would you like to know how?
So easy when you find it and you know what you are doing, I should have done it myself in the beginning. Why are you all so in
the dark about this?

***STEAM*** Do you need help with any other game issues? It looks like I could help you provide a better user experience for
your customers. The last 2 issues I have had went unresolved from your end. Eternal Silence?

***STEAM*** Support Tech Bruce on Thu, 29th Dec 2011 5:34 am
Hello,
I am glad that the issue is resolved.
Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty - we will be happy to assist you.

***ME*** Fri, 30th Dec 2011 2:43 am
Assist me with what?