Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 PM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

Tongue

Thanks for your compliments on the skins! That means a lot to me. I learned how to skin because of Novalogic games - couldn't afford to buy a new game when I was in middle school, but since I had the time, I was able to learn how to make a game! Almost went into game development, but it's apparently hell to be in that industry (sweatshop hours and constant turnover) so I passed on it. Haven't really messed with modding since 2008.

That's awesome to hear how the game affected your life so positively. I received some practical skills from playing them, too, but nowhere near your level. I can type over 100 words per minute now... I had to learn how to type quickly in dogfights in F-22 L3! I also learned how to manage people by managing a clan in BHD, a skill I use to this day at a start up.

It's funny, I remember my first online game experience, too... I thought the words on the screen ("ur connection sux") were transcribed poorly because of a bad connection from the user's mic! I was only 9 at the time, so I didn't know any better. It was almost a month before I realized I could press "T" to talk with everyone - it seemed to good to be true!

My second online experience was with DF2. Now that was truly addicting. I remember details about my first multiplayer game in it to this day, just like you.

Might reach out to someone on LinkedIn in the coming days - I figured since you had a Nova fansite you would've done that by now!