Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 05:46 PM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

You think they still have military contracts left to honor? For some reason, I thought their military contracts were more marketing than anything else - a few special missions for training in the late 90s on DF/Voxel tech and nothing more. I figured F-22 L3 (my first online game!) was too arcadey to be remotely useful for the military. I could never get over how smooth F-22 L3 was online... I had a 28.8 kbps connection and had lag free dogfights!

Has anyone tried giving their offices a call or reaching out to them on LinkedIn? I almost did the latter the other day.

I used to mod for BHD and JO and got in contact with loa (Terranova EXP developer) a couple of years ago to discuss making a new game in the spirit of Delta Force. I agree with you - there's nothing like the DF games out there. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time necessary to make a game. I can create maps, textures, and was learning how to model, but mapping was my forte. I made some very popular BHD maps back in the day.

I am amazed at how far along game development has come in the last decade. If it becomes exponentially easier to model and animate, then maybe there'd be hope for me to make a game... Until then, I can't do programming, animating, net code, user interface, etc. and I don't have the time to coordinate a team to do so, either.

It's nice to have someone to talk reminisce about these games. I am so glad this site is still running. I think I made an account here back in 2003/2004, but I can't remember what email I used.

Edit: For maximum Novalogic nostalgia, here are some screenshots I have of JO and BHD reskins I made. Nothing too impressive - mostly just making the color palette for the DF troops in BHD more realistic and providing realistic camouflage to the JO soldiers. My computer wasn't very good, so the graphics only ran on medium. I eventually moved onto CS:S and reskinned cs_office - definitely my proudest reskin.