Thread: [BHD:TS] Teammate AI issue
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 12:58 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

Jesus Mechwarrior..I remember playing it on my windows millenium. Aah good old times, when everything was very simple, the F-16 and F-22 game of Novalogic etc etc.

Now you've mentioned it I do remember this Node creator, but very less of it somewhere in the back of my brain, a dark room which hasn't been entered for years. Too much time has passed.

But you know to reply on how those mission editors deal with AI Navigation, I just simply think the AI built in some games are just more intelligent then the AI from DF.

Back in the day when the editor of COD4 was released, I tried doing something but it was way to difficult for me because I was out of it for to long and you had to know scripting(which I don't). But the AI in COD I believe automaticly avoids every obstacle and follows the group. And not to forget is when you have a bigger platoon, AI keeps spawning so that even if your teammates die you won't face the enemy alone. I think it's the game engine that arranges everything.

I guess I'll just accept DF this way. I miss the old days, this game really needs a remaster.