View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 04:04 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Bullet
Technically speaking, they don't have a monopoly. If people don't like the OS, they can always go Mac or Linux.

That said, I think their problems are their own fault. Because Windows is so indispensible to most people, M$ can charge what they like. They have every right to do this. HOWEVER, due to this ability, they are charging way too much for their product, which has spurred people to pirate it, creating a huge legal and financial fight. The issue here then isn't so much a monopoly in the sense of cornering an entire market (which they haven't), it is that they have created a market which they, of course, own.
maybe you did not see the news last month or two Bill Gate stated that Windows going to be a lot cheaper to buy they will be lowering the price on it. was on the news.

but still if any one don't like their software they can buy other company's OS there are many on the market to buy.

i think Microsoft been doing great.
================================================== =========================
i hate to say it though Windows ME did burn me or it was gateway mfg who did? system use to crash weekly on me. not till i got Windows Xp pro, (for other reason) i got Windows Xp Home after. both are doing great for me. only trouble i had with Windows Xp is the drivers some made badly for hardware, but that not Microsoft fault at all. running great.
===========================================
each year there a newer system or hardware made all the time. really think this guy is a fool.

sample there was Movie recorder
1.) VHS
then later on
2.) DVD came out updated DVD-double layer for movies
now there is talk about
3.) Blue Cd's

like all things made better you have to buy the newer system or Hardware Tobe up to the times. they have the right to sale it and wrap it in a new package deal.

gee you think all these updates patch's are free they cost money and when they get a great ID after a time they going to make some thing in a new way. sorry i am for Microsoft.

i am shock they waited for a long time to come out with a new windows system, use tobe after at lease 2-years they release a new OS system to the public been like 4-5 years now.

person i think i going to stay with Xp for a long time doing great for me, but we know hackers after a time they stop doing the updates and hackers have free run on it. then i get the newer OS then.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-13-2005 at 04:40 AM.