View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
ummm chris ya lost me there.

DFX does NOT have any support for mods. this means that installing a mod to it like you would BHD or JO will not work. I repeat will not work!

if you already have a clean(no other mods) updated install of DFX you can just make a copy of it and install into that. earlyerr.txt comes up when part of the DFX install is missing.

This mod installs near the same as DF1 to TFD mods, directly into the games directory. so if you want to have stock DFX you will need to copy the DFX folder and install into the copy.

step 1: copy and paste your DFX folder. (normaly C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Xtreme)
step 2: rename to whatever you like IE. DFX SO Mod.
step 3. install into that folder.
step 4. double click the new SO icon on your desktop or start menu and find a server and have fun. for mapmakers the new med is shortcuted in the start menu.

Or you can do what bigsmellyfart did and create a subfolder and then copy into it. either way works.
yea my solution works great just remember you have to copy the entire contents of the DFX Folder
into your mod folder then install the mod into that mod folder..now jo just puts a .pff file in the mod /expansion folder and if you mod the jo.exe fill you have to do it like dfx mods or get banned,
doing it my way makes it easier to setup nile and fyi if any object decoration buildin whatevet IF it
shows/places likea MARKER delete it imeadiatly before you loose where it is THEY CRASH the game
" not activated error " youl will bang your head on a wall trying to figure out why as you cant tell the diff between it and a sound marker and the object list is no help.....have fun bsf
14TB 7200 rpm HDD
LG 16x blue ray R/W Drive
-----------------------------------

CHEVRON 7 Unlocked