Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 11:22 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
I don't know what UVW means, but it looks more UWU than I'm comfortable with, tripping an unreasonable anger response. I'm fun at parties!

The germans have a phrase: Tu was Du nicht lassen kannst. Word for word: 'Do what you not leave can.' Contextually: 'Do what you can't not do.' It basically means 'do what you gotta,' and it almost always has dismissive and rude shading to it.

But, man, Tu was Du nicht lassen kannst is the foundational drive behind all my modding adventures.

I don't think I need new .3dis, I'm just fooling around with things here, but if my experiments have inspired you to do something you can't not do, I apologize for the inconvenience, and would be greatful for your effort.

I'm still glad you told me about RenderFOV, dude. Let me show you my latest bit of jank I've done with that.

I edited the AKGP's semi mode with 2x mag., RenderFOV 40, and an attempt at a high-ready pos. The tpos is pitched down to zero at 400m. See attachment.

I hate to say this, 'cause we both seem to be people that suffer from deeper levels of having to do things we can't not do, but that .45 really should have a notch in the rear sight.
UVW assigns each polygon of the model to their coordinates on its texture graphic. (see attachment) This is how it looks laid out on the texture. You can stretch and morph the UVW however you like, but generally you want it to be uniform to the texture.

In the case of the rear sight piece on the shotty, I have it selected in the screenshot (highlighted in red). As you can see, the original modeler left the UVW coordinates for the entire piece smooshed into a single pixel in the lower left corner of the texture. Probably by accident, or like most other decisions in the game, they just didn't give a flip.

So now if you change the color of that one pixel in the texture, it changes the entire color of the sight piece.

Pretty simple fix. I only have to unwrap the UVW for those specific poly's and position them on an unused part of the texture.

Btw, love the use of the RenderFOV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shot_UVW.JPG (149.8 KB, 7 views)