Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 02:53 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
I did a thing with the SFOD mod, which is the old working name of one of the mods I help Menrva with sporadically. See attachment.

I’m unsure of the AK/GP-25. Might be over-blobby. I love the .357, and I’m mighty proud of the shotgun. Keep in mind, these skins are all .tgas, and some resolution will probably be lost converting to .dds.

I could not draw anything on the notch of the Remington. I don’t know how this happens, but in my works on it, I realized that changing the color of any of the single pixels at the corners of the 512px² shotgun skin, the entire notch mount changes color. Four single pixels of the skin covers the notch, and they’re all layered over each other.

But I did my best.

The .45 has no notch modeled into the rear sight, so I centered the front sight fairly perfectly, and angled the weapon so it sits just above the notchless rear sight.

All the pos and tpos pitch values are edited so the secondaries are zeroed at 50m.

In one Operator Drewski video or the other, he was explaining russian military doctrine on zeroing AKs for 400m and aiming at beltline, and he might’ve been blathering, but I was convinced, so the AK/GP-25 is pitched to zero at 400m.

The front sight mount on the AK model is too short to align with the rear sight. And it might actually a Type 56.

I had also skinned and posed the RPK-74, but the idle animation makes the idea unusable.

And that’s how I spent my weekend.
Yeah the uvw mapping on some of these models are not done very will. So changing one pixel might retexture more than you want. I believe i have the original models in 3ds max. I could fix the shotgun and he AK47 front sight and send them to you if you'd like.