View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 03:44 AM
Ghost129er is offline Ghost129er
NovaHQ Nuisance

Update

Hey Gents,

Sorry about the delay - been stuck with interviews and applications for jobs lately which have been taking up my time.

Quick update: I have received an e-mail from the creator of dgVoodoo and he's explained to me what the current issue is with Delta Force as well as the hw_d3d.dll that he modified to use.

Quote:
Yes, I remember Delta Force, struggled with that a lot.
That game relies on a mixed hw/sw rendering mode: the terrain is rendered in sw, other objects are in hw.
The original problem was that objects weren't occluded properly by the terrain or they didn't show up at all.
I figured out that z-values of the terrain were written into the z-buffer by the sw renderer and they were incorrect.
IIRC they were way too upscaled (or downscaled) and all I did in my patched hw_d3d.dll was changed the scale factor.
But it turned out that it's not perfect so I gave up. I couldn't understand how it all ran on old hw.
However the only current issue is that he is currently busy with some projects of his and asked if it's okay for him to get back to this at a later stage and such. To be honest, we really can't force him nor can we tell him do this or that (though in theory, we could) but I'm sure we're better than that.

So I've given him the go ahead with taking his time (since honestly, I too can't and have zero information regarding hw_d3d.dll modifications and 3d injection fixes/etc so guess we're going to have to hold onto our seats and be preoccupied with something else, or software rendering for the time being...

Despite all this, I have been trying to use yet another program called DXWnd. It's a more complicated program, similar to dgVoodoo but with a ridiculous amount of features/things to fix, patch and values you can add to help get a game to run (mostly ancient games and etc) which supports DirectX mods and stuff like that, sadly, no avil whatsoever and no luck with any of that. I've stuck to Software rendering (sadly) for the past 2 days of playing some Delta Force 2 with some buddies over LAN but that's as good as it gets I'm afraid, but that's as good as it gets for NOW at least.

Fingers crossed gents. Will definitely try to post the guide/what to do to get dgVoodoo running on your systems.

Cheers,
Ghost