View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 07:00 AM
Ghost129er is offline Ghost129er
NovaHQ Nuisance

All images/game is running at 800*600

//================================================== =//

Stock DF2 with the original dlls/etc. (Software Mode)

Everything is fine, but in an awful resolution

Showing the distance doesn't get clipped/limited

Dead bodies everywhere (a 129'er specialty) as well as the building & towers visible through binocs

Stock DF2 with the original dlls/etc. (Hardware Acceleration)

Clipping through land is okay and is not limited in a distance.

Can see the building, towers and all that jazz like I've got wallhacks, just wish I had them on CSGO instead...

Even through binoculars I can see things through the hills but it's not cut/limited in render range.

DF2 Updated to 030700 with stock dlls/etc. (Hardware mode)

Literally same as Stock

Literally same as Stock

DF2 Updated 030700 with modified hw_d3d.dll (Hardware mode)

There's less clipping though the hills and such but still clips.

Using binocs you can't see things at a distance and gets cut up and made stealthy

However using a weapon scope renders everything just fine.

If you look directly at a distance object it just disappears and goes poof, yet it's visible perfectly through the scope with no clipping.

If you look away and look at things with the corner of your eye or screen for this case, everything appears perfectly, but it's got a weird kind of a rectangular glitch/invisibility patch.

DF2 Updated 030700 with dgVoodoo and stock hw_d3d.dll (Hardware)

The images are blurry due to it's up-scaling and then down-scaled images when taking screenshots - however, the textures are much cleaner and it was actually displaying at a proper 1024*768 resolution (forced via dgVoodoo).

The textures are clean as heck with it's texture filtering and anti-aliasing mode. Only goof up is the damn clipping and wallhax yet again...

DF2 Updated 030700 with dgVoodoo and modified hw_d3d.dll (Hardware)

The clipping and wallhax has stopped however, distance objects get this weird rectangular invisibility block/patch that blocks stuff in your line of sight, even with binocs.

However through the scope everything is good and the quality is actually amazing (which you sadly can't see through this down-scaled image.).. But if you look look in the distance, look, the nasty nooby wallhacks have disappeared and there's not vortex clipping and other nasty things!

It's a combination of both dgVoodoo and the hw_d3d.dll that makes it work/fixes the problems, but for me I get this stupid clipping/limited view distance that buggers everything up... Why can I only see through the corner of my eye? It is not known. I have no knowledge in dll editing or graphics driver mods/hacks such as dgVoodoo and Direct X dll modifications but I will be contacting some people on my IL-2 Sturmovik page who have done such dll modifications and graphics enhancements and guide them to this thread and ask them if they can help us out with this problem, which hopefully, will result in us all using the full potential of our beefy PC's for a truly deserving game.

Hope this gives some insight and stuff.

@Steve - I see you use Steam. Does anyone else here? If anyone else here does, how about we hop into a group chat/voice call on steam, and I'll walk you gents through (if needed) on how to do this patching and install these programs. If one of us manage to get it working just right or perfectly, that's all we need. I'm up for this if anyone of you guys are and have the time.

Cheers,
Ghost